Learn to plan and make dives using air diluent and air or enriched air (EANx) bailout gas on Type T (technical) closed-circuit rebreathers (CCR) to a maximum of 40 metres/130 feet with a single decompression stop of no more than 10 minutes.
Tec 40 eCCR Diver is the first level of training that addresses technical diving with Type T CCRs, which include a range of electronic CCRs (eCCRs) and manual CCRS (mCCRs). Tec 40 eCCR Diver introduces student divers to diagnosing life-support problems and, when possible, returning to the loop to complete the dive with limited decompression obligations.
This training is significantly more challenging than recreational rebreather diving because divers learn to be both a tec diver as well as learning to tec dive with a CCR.
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, PADI Enriched Air Diver, PADI Deep Diver (or have experience of more than 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet) certification and at least 30 dives logged with specific experience requirements.
• Prior to Training Dive Five, student divers must be certified as PADI Rescue Divers
• Prior to certification, student divers must have 50 dives logged.
• There are provisions for other qualifying certifications.
• 18 years old
• Instruction Manual
• Predive Checklist Slate
• Use of AP Diving Evolution Type T Rebreather for duration of Course
• All Pool and Open Water Sessions
• Fast Electronic C-Card Processing